Requisitioning a new public sewer or lateral drain

Last reviewed:

Normally you can do the work to construct new sewers and lateral drains yourself, and simply need to meet our required standards and get our consent to connect to our wastewater network.

However in certain circumstances, such as when a connection is being made to a strategic or trunk sewer, or there are issues accessing third party land, we can carry out the construction work, and charges will apply for this. You can ask us to do this using the button below.

Before applying, please see sections 7 and 8 of our Charging arrangements guide.

Apply for a new public sewer or lateral drain

If we construct a new public sewer or lateral drain, our work won’t include making the individual connections from properties to the new pipe, and you’ll need to apply separately to get our consent to connect to it.

For details on how we’ll use the information you provide in your application, click here.

Pipelaying powers on private land

Our code of practice explains our powers and duties when we lay or carry out work on pipes in private land or do work to prevent contamination of the water in our pipework. It also explains what you’re entitled to expect.

Need to pay us?

Please click here if you've already applied and need to make a payment.