If you’re a developer or land promoter considering a new site for development, we can help even before you apply for planning permission. The earlier we start talking, the better.
Our pre-planning service can tell you at an early stage if we’ll have capacity in our water and/or wastewater networks to serve a potential development, or what we’ll do if we don’t.
You can use this as evidence to support a planning application and we can prepare to serve the new development at the point of need, helping avoid delays to your programme.
The key benefits
- Fast answers: Within three weeks we’ll confirm whether we have network capacity, or the next steps if we don’t.
- Avoid delays: If we don’t have capacity, we’ll discuss timelines with you and a plan of action.
- Planning evidence: We’ll issue a letter you can use to support your planning application.
- Key contact: We’ll provide a named contact for your enquiry and their direct telephone number.
- No charges: You won’t pay for any network modelling or network reinforcement needed. But if you're a developer and your schedule means you need modelling started ahead of our usual timelines, we’ll ask you to underwrite the modelling costs just in case your development doesn’t go ahead.
How it works
- Check your site is within the area we cover.
- Complete our simple application form
- There’s nothing to pay – this service is free until at least April 2019.
- We’ll get back to you with an answer and any next steps within 21 days.
For details on how we’ll use the information you provide in your application, click here.
Not what you were looking for?
Please note that pre-development enquiry services you may have used in the past are now covered by our pre-planning enquiry service. These include flow and pressure checks and hydraulic modelling on our water network, and drainage impact assessments on our wastewater network. If you were looking for a pressure check for design purposes, you should use the statutory minimum of one bar pressure at the property boundary.
We still offer budget estimates for new pipework you need laid, and you can find more information on this on our budget estimates page.