If you’re a developer or land promoter considering a new site for development, we can help even before you apply for planning permission. The earlier we start talking, the better.
Our pre-planning service can tell you at an early stage if we’ll have capacity in our water and/or wastewater networks to serve a potential development, or what we’ll do if we don’t.
You can use this as evidence to support a planning application and we can prepare to serve the new development at the point of need, helping avoid delays to your programme.
How to apply
- Check your site is within the area we cover.
- Complete our application form
- There’s nothing to pay – this service is free until at least April 2020.
- We’ll get back to you with an answer and any next steps within 21 calendar days.
The key benefits
- Fast answers: Within three weeks we’ll confirm whether we have network capacity, or the next steps if we don’t.
- Avoid delays: If we don’t have capacity, we’ll discuss timelines with you and a plan of action.
- Planning evidence: We’ll issue a letter you can use to support your planning application.
- Key contact: We’ll provide a named contact for your enquiry and their direct telephone number.
- No charges: Our pre-planning enquiry service is free and you won’t pay for any network modelling or network reinforcement needed.