We authorise licensed commercial customers to remove water from standpipes for building, road cleaning, graffiti removal or landscaping activities.
To use a standpipe on our water network, you must have a licence and hire a metered standpipe from our service provider, Aquam.Visit the Aquam website
Licence charges are payable in advance. You can apply for a licence to cover daily, monthly or annual usage.
The licence fee depends on:
- Estimated daily use
- The size of the standpipe
- The period for which the licence is required
All charges are calculated at point of application.
We want to protect our network and ensure that only standpipes meeting the required legal standard are used and replace the need for customers to purchase or rent their own.
Aquam have offices in Uxbridge. You can either collect and return, or they deliver and collect for an additional cost.
- Only metered standpipes issued by Aquam will be authorised to be connected to our network. Annual standpipe rental is payable in advance - other lengths of hire period will be invoiced retrospectively
- All standpipes will be fitted with a back-flow prevention device in the form of a BS6282 double check valve
- Water from a standpipe should not be consumed or used in food preparation
- All fire hydrants in public streets and highways are our responsibility
- Please report to Aquam on 0844 381 4909 if you have faulty or leaking equipment
- Charges will apply if you are found using a standpipe without permission
- We reserve the right to tell you not to use any specified hydrants, where necessary, due to operational needs or in event of a drought
- The fire services have direct access to fire hydrants/standpipes and can use them free of charge for firefighting and training purposes
Weekly metered standpipe hire charges
|Size||1-13 Weeks||13-51 Weeks||Annual pre paid|
|22mm||£30 per week||£26.25 per week||£780|
|40mm||£55 per week||£48.75 per week||£1230|
|60mm||£55 per week||£48.75 per week||£1230|
Get in touch with Aquam
0844 381 4909.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am – 5pm and Saturday 8am – 12pm.